Wednesday 7 November 2012

Evaluation of Pen Chase



My Chase Sequence Evaluation

The Brief
We were tasked to create a chase sequence with three portals. We had to use three entrances and three exits one of these had to be eccentric portal such as a actor walking into the camera and then walking away in another location. We had to include a basic storyline for the sequence to make sense.

Planning
Due to creative differences with other teammates the planning went not as well as it could of however we got over this problem by splitting into two's and creating different plans then using idea's from each others storyboard to merge into a single story, I found that this method worked effectively, although I think our time management wasn't as effective as explained later.

Filming
Once again due to creative differences and Ideas the camera work was some moments a struggle until we came up with the system of taking turns and doing multiple shots for each others work and eventually learning to work together we pulled through and got our final result. Our ending result was defiantly different from our original plan, however we used the major aspects from the planning work and incorporated it in to our Chase sequence. Using a variety of camera angles and shots I think this made each shot is very unique.

Editing
The editing process was by far the easiest for me and Aaron since I took over almost completely (habit) and used simple but effective tools to bring out the best of these clips. I used the razor tool, colour correction (contrast) and key-framing for the audio. Although I did most of the hands on Aaron did help with certain decisions and what looked good.

Conclusion
If I was going to create a sequence like this a again then I would try more to co-operate with certain team members more and explained why I thought we should of used certain shots instead of saying we should do this and no explanation. I would of tried to get more film in to be able to give it a improved ending. I thought the way in which we planned our time wasn't effective enough I thought that we could of been out there filming when we were stuck inside planning, I think this happened due to the way we actually planned out sequence out.

No comments:

Post a Comment